New Student Enrollment
You will need some or all of the following papers to enroll in West Covina High School:
- One of the following utility bills (gas, electric, or water), if your utilities are included in your rental/lease agreement, we need a copy of that form. We do not accept cable, telephone or bank statements.
- If you are assuming responsibility for a child with the permission of that child's parents, you will need to complete a "Declaration of Residency and Caregiver Responsibility" form. This form must be renewed yearly and you must meet with the Dean of Students. In addition, you will need a notarized letter from the parent stating they are giving you educational rights for their child.
- If you do not have a permanent address and your family resides with another family you will have to complete the "Verification of Residency Affidavit". Verification of residency must be notarized, a current utility bill (gas, electric or water) of the person you are living with and it requires yearly renewal. These forms are available at the school in the counseling office.
- A copy of the original immunization record.
- Birth certificate, if coming from out of the state, Social Security number.
- An unofficial copy of the student's transcript from the last school the student attended. Seniors must bring an official transcript.
- If your student is in Special Education classes, a current copy of the IEP is required.
- If you are requesting Honors placement, please bring certification, and placement recommendations form the previous school.
- Please note that some students may require a language test.